- Feature Lines
- Border Lines
- Fictive Lines
Sections on 3D meshes.
Extract Feature Lines on meshes.
3DReshaper includes also a complete toolbox to create and manipulate polylines.
3DReshaper provides a wide range of possibilities to compute sections very easily:
- Planar sections: set of sections by parallel planes of the selected mesh(es)
- Radial sections: planar sections around an axis
- Dynamic sections: one section dynamically created on the mesh
- Sections along a curve: planar sections along a polyline or a curve
A lot of features dedicated to polylines
Many tools are available to further improve polylines once created. They can be:
- Reduced to remove unnecessary points, get long segments and right angles
- Extended to force intersections
- Smoothed to improve aspect
- Chained to get one big polyline from small pieces
- Stretched to correct manually local defaults
- And much more!
An optional tool to extract feature, fictive and border lines
An additional option enables feature line extraction for CAD-CAM reconstruction. Feature lines follow the fillets and sharp edges on CAD model or mesh.
You can extract 3 types of lines:
- Feature line, which in the middle of the fillet or on the sharp edge
- Border lines, which are the 2 lines on each side of the radius
- Fictive line, which is the line that could recreate the sharp edge to replace the radius (this line does not lie on the mesh)