- Automatic Segmentation
- Noise Detection
- Regular Sampling
- Smart Reduction
- Intuitive manual selection
- Feature Extraction
Intuitive manual selection tool
Automatic Segmentation using Geometrical Shape
(plane, sphere, cylinder,....) or CAD/Mesh
3DR Meteor® is a tool to process 3D point clouds wherever they come from: 3D scanners, White Light systems, CMMs, Computer Tomography, or any other digitization device... Whatever your point cloud processing challenges are 3DR Meteor has the tools you need.
You can import one or several point clouds whatever their origin and size (see the file formats supported by 3DR Meteor).
Point cloud preparation is often the most important step to handle in order to save time with the subsequent steps (i.e. meshing).
That is why 3DR Meteor provides a complete range of simple but powerful functions to process point clouds like:
- Import without real limit of the imported number of points
- Clever reduction to keep best points and remove points only where density is the highest
- Automatic segmentation ( according to the scanning positions, distance with Feature/CAD/Mesh object, angle, inspections colors, ...)
- Intuitive and easy-to-use manual selection and cleaning
- Extraction of best points evenly spaced, density homogenization
- Automatic noise measurement reduction
- Registration, Alignment and Best Fit
- 3D comparison with a mesh or a CAD model
- Planar sections
- Best geometrical shapes extraction (planes, cylinders, circles, spheres, etc.)
- Several representation modes: shaded, intensity (information depending on the imported data)